We are glad to offer you a room at the Blue Almond and we hope you will enjoy your stay here. Living together in requires an atmosphere of trust and respect as well as certain House Rules which are binding for everyone. Within the framework of our House Rules keep in mind that the limit to your freedom is the individual freedom of the other residents.
- New Arrivals can check into the hostel after 2:00 PM each day.
- Valid identification is a requirement. We accept a Passport, Photo ID and / or Driver's License. Management may request additional information as required from guests.
- Payment has to be done in advance for the whole length of the stay. No exceptions.
- Departing guests must remove all of their belongings from their rooms by 1:00 PM. Exceptions can be made by arrangement with the hostel management.
- Any rented goods, must be returned upon check-out.
- Please be considerate towards other visitors, especially when you are using electronic media. The quiet time for sleeping is from 11 PM. to 7 AM. Out of courtesy to fellow visitors, please be very quiet during this time.
- As a consideration towards other guests staying at the hotel, visitors are strictly forbidden under any circumstances anywhere inside the house.
Smoking / Alcohol / Drugs / Weapons
- Smoking is not permitted within the premises. Any guest found smoking within the building will be asked to leave the premises immediately and will not receive a refund. You are welcome to smoke in the front patio. It is strictly forbiden to smoke on the back patio as there’s a propane tank.
- Consuming excessive amounts of alcohol within the premises is strictly prohibited. The management reserves the right to confiscate alcohol found on the premises.
- It is prohibited to bring weapons of any kind into the hostel unless you are a ninja, which you are likely not.
- Illicit drugs of any kind will not be allowed or tolerated in the hostel
- Violations of the above rules will result in immediate termination of residency and a call to the proper authorities.
Water and Electricity conservation
- In the Blue Almond we are committed to generate the smallest enviromental footprint possible thus we ask our guest a reasonable use of these resources by:
- Shutting unnecessary lights and fans off.
- Limit showers to a maximum of 5 to 10 minutes and close the kitchen’s faucets while soaping the dishes.
- Food may only be prepared and eaten in the designated areas.
- Due to fire protection requirements, insurance standards and health regulations, the use of electrical appliances for the preparation of food or hot beverages in your room is not permitted.
- You are responsible for the cleaning of the kitchen’s counter, floor and appliances used for the preparation of your meals after you are done, this also includes the fridge.
- Each guest is responsible for all the inventory entrusted to her/him. It is not allowed to exchange furniture between rooms or remove it from rooms. It is prohibited to damage walls or furniture with hooks, screws, nails, glue/adhesives and the like. The management reserves the right to occasionally inspect the rooms with regard to cleanliness and tidiness.
- To avoid misunderstandings guests are advised to lock the doors of their rooms at all times, specially when not at home.
- All fans, lights and electrical appliances must be switched off when not in use.
- Electricians, contractors or any other service person may enter rooms accompanied by hostel management as and when necessary, every effort will be made to respect the privacy of guests.
- We provide all bed sheets and towels free of charge, it is ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY prohibited to use sleeping bags.
- Do NOT throw toilet paper or female hygiene products in the toilet as it will clog and it won't be pretty.
- Do not keep your belongings in the bathroom/toilet.
- Animals (dogs and cats) up to a medium size are allowed into the hostel for a supplementary fee ($10.000/day). An arrangement with the hostel management has to be done PRIOR to arrival. Keep in mind that any damage done to the property by the animals will have to be assumed by its owner.
- Due using a shared Internet access Blue Almond Hostel requests a “fair use” of bandwidth and download amount of each individual. Non-observance of this agreement leads to a “traffic embargo” or a complete block for the user.
- If you decide to access any Internet content, you do this entirely at your own risk and you are responsible for ensuring that any accessed material does not infringe the laws governing, but not exhaustively covering, copyright, trademarks, pornography, or any other material which is slanderous, defamatory or might cause offense in any other way. The Blue Almond hotels records ALL network traffic data and will provide it to proper authority if asked.
- Common areas are available to all residents. Do not leave or store anything there. Remove personal material from the communal rooms as you leave.
- Guests cannot use the hostel for any commercial purposes.
- Blue Almond hostel is not responsible for any bodily harm, theft, loss or damage to any personal effects.
- Guests who have been evicted will not receive a refund.
- Guests will be expected to reimburse the hostel for any damages caused by inappropriate behavior. Inappropriate behavior will result in eviction from the premises with no refund.
- Property left at the hostel will be donated to a charity if it fits after 15 days of checkout.
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry to any person violating the hostel rules. The management will give reasons verbally for such action to any visitor refused entry.
- We are a gay friendly hostel, no discrimination of any kind will be tolerated.
- We do not allow children under the age of 18.
- The Blue Almond hostel is committed to enforce Law # 679 of 2001 in which prevents and contrarest the sexual and/or commercial exploitation of underage minors.
REVISION OF RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Blue Almond hostel management reserves the right to revise the rules and regulations from time to time and will keep the guests informed of any changes in the form of notices on the hostel boards. Ignorance of rules will not be accepted as an excuse.