I'm a big nerd and love what Bitcoin might become, so we are embracing it. In addition to the nerdy feeling of using an unregulated highly volatile currency, We offer a 10% discount on all Bitcoin payments.
At the moment, Bitcoin reservations can not be made directly through our website so the process takes slightly longer. If you would like to make a reservation using Bitcoin. follow the following steps.
- Make the reservation on our website.
- use a real, borrowed or expired credit card.
- In the comment box write that you want to pay with Bitcoin.
- Depending on the rate you choose, we will ask you to pay the full amount or just a one night deposit.
- We will send you our bitcoin address and QR code to your email.
As soon as we receive your Bitcoin payment at our node your reservation will be finalized in our system and you will receive the confirmation email.
If you wish to pay for additional nights during your stay, you will again send your Bitcoin payment in the presence of staff. Once they confirm your payment has been received they will register you for the appropriate number of nights in the hostel.
In order to do the exchange, We will convert from Pesos to Bitcoins using the http://preev.com/ exchange.
As far as we know we are the first hostel in Colombia and so far the only one that accepts bitcoin, we have been evangelizing it among colleagues in hopes they will embrace it too.
We are currently also starting acepting Ethereum, but the 10% discount doesn't apply as we have no idea what to do with ETH yet.